my makeup - sorry for poor photo quality
I will soon go back to using my proper camera instead of my phone
So, I get a lot of questions about how I do my makeup. I haven't yet done a new video (but here's my old one
), but until then I thought I'd at least talk you through it and tell you about what products I use and why.
My products (as shown in pictures): Diorskin Nude BB Cream in 002 Medium, Make Up Forever Sculpting/Contouring Kit in Light Pink, Bronzing Powder from H&M, blusher from So Susan (only comes in one shade if I remember correctly), highlighting pen (High Brow Glow) from Benefit, eyebrow pen from Make Up Store in colour no.2, Naked 2 eyeshadow palette from Urban Decay, liquid eyeliner from Rimmel and mascara from Maybelline.
Step by step:
1. I start by applying the BB cream all over my face, but I start with the T-zone and then just apply very lightly over my cheeks. I will apply slightly more over the T-zone as I want more coverage in that area.
If I'm going for a night out or something less casual than just any day, I'll use Max Factor Facefinity 3-in-1 in 075 Gold instead, as that gives more coverage. Another product that I like to apply before any foundation/BB cream is Benefit's Porefessional, as it keeps my face nice and matte all day. Unfortunately I've ran out of it and I've been too poor to get a new one. But it's great, and in the summer I sometimes feel that it can be enough with only some Porefessional as a base. Also, I don't feel like I need it under my foundation from Max Factor, as that one is a 3-in-1 (meaning it's a primer, foundation and concealer in one) and Porefessional works as a primer.
2. After that I'll go for contouring. At the moment I'm using this sculpting kit from Make Up Forever, but I prefer Benefit's Hoola Bronzing Powder (which is a matte bronzing powder). When I run out of it I already had the Make Up Forever one at home, so I felt like I should use it up before I bought something else. It's not bad in any way, I just think the Benefit one is better. With this one I'll apply some of the light powder in the T-zone and over my cheekbones, and then I'll contour my face with the darker shade (if I have the Hoola powder from Benefit I'll just skip the light powder). I contour in my temples, along my hair line, along and under my nose, under my cheekbones, a little bit under my bottom lip and along my jawline.
3. Then I'll apply bronzing powder and blusher. If it's summer I'll apply more bronzing powder and almost no blusher, but during the winter I do the opposite thing around, using slightly more blusher and just a little bit of bronzing powder. I'll swipe bronzing powder over my cheeks and up in my temples and down under my jaw (imagine drawing the brush in the shape of a three around your face). I'll then use whatever is left on the brush over the rest of my face to smooth out if there are any lines from when I contoured. I'll then apply some blusher on the apples of my cheeks, and out on my cheekbones towards my hair. I don't like using a lot of blush, so we're just talking one stroke with the brush.
4. After that I'll apply some highlighter using the High Brow Glow pen. This pen is not my favourite highlighter, but to be honest I'm still looking for my favourite. If you're using any good highlighters, let me know! I apply it along my nose bone, in the inner corner of my eye, under my eyebrows, on my cheekbones and around my lips.
5. Then I'll do my brows. I'll fill them in with Make Up Stores brow pen, which I've been using for years. When I'm happy with them, I'll use a little bit of "Tease" from the Urban Decay Naked 2 eyeshadow palette, to set them and make the colour even.
6. Almost every day I'll put some more of "Tease" from the Naked 2 eyeshadow palette in my globe line and outer corner of my eye, and some of it along my lower lash line to frame my eye. I might even apply some "Bootycall" (also from the palette) in the inner corners of my eyes, on top of where I put the High Brow Glow pen, and then blend it in towards the middle of the eye.
7. Then either of these two things will happen, but very rarely both. I'll either apply eyeliner and (try to) do a nicely winged little cat eye or I'll apply a darker eyeshadow (most likely this will be "Busted" from the Naked 2 palette) along my lower lashlines as well as in the outer corners of my eyes, and I'll blend it in to the upper lashline. I don't really like mixing these two together because I think it looks quite harsh, but either of them frames the eye very nicely. The eyeshadow one makes my eye more intense but it looks softer, whilst the eyeliner one likes more classy and smart and neat. It all depends on what mood I'm in.
8. And then I'll apply mascara. Loads of mascara. I like big, long, heavy, curled eyelashes. This is probably the only time I will say more is more. The Falsies mascara from Maybelline is my favourite, and has been so since I was 15 (if not before). It's the best - according to me.
9. Sometimes I'll also spray on some "All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray" from Urban Decay. It feels really fresh and nice and it sets your makeup nicely. I quite like spraying it on to "refresh" my makeup as well.
And voilà! I'll try to do a video asap.
Until next time,
Psst, I did another makeup video after the one I previously linked to, but it's not as good quality as the first one. It could be worth having a look at though, if you're interested. Here it is.
Ovan kan ni se sminket jag använder (och om ni vill kan ni översätta texten via Google Translate och läsa min sminkrutin). Om ni vill se mer har jag tidigare gjort två sminkvideos som ni kan hitta HÄR